Around the time I discovered the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans group, I was just beginning to branch out with my culinary desires. I hated learning to cook growing up and I had 3 male roommates for several years during the “college” age. Once I started to realize how much I enjoyed my time in the kitchen, I slowly built my knowledge of different dishes.
If there’s one dish out there that literally has endless possibilities, it’s salad. It’s easily tailored to dietary needs as well as cravings. It’s good in a pinch for a hefty lunch and it’s always a good compliment to a dinner to get in those greens! Or heck, a big salad for dinner rocks too! I will admit that I’m a total sucker for the salad and ranch from Outback Steakhouse and I could eat that all day long, but it’s not the healthiest of options.
This salad is bright and tangy and served me well for about the first 6 months of my weight loss journey with the Sisterhood. I learned to mix it up to see what combination of fruits and veggies caught my taste buds. I generally prefer a salad loaded with veggies but when I need something a little sweeter, this salad is perfect. It’s a fast and filling meal with little to no effort.
Prep Time: 10 mins // Cook Time: 8 mins // Makes 1 serving
- 1 C. Romaine Lettuce
- 1 C. Spring Mix
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Onion
- ½ C. Mandarin Oranges
- 1 Tbsp Dried Cranberries
- 1 tsp. Sunflower Seed Kernels
- 3 oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 Tbsp Kraft Roasted Red Pepper Dressing
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder to taste
- Pat the chicken dry and season both sides. Grill or pan sear the chicken until done.
- Let the chicken rest for about 3 minutes on a cutting board. Then slice against the grain.
- Throw everything together in a bowl and drizzle with dressing.