Prep Time: 35 mins // Cook Time: 2.5 hours // Servings: 8
- 1 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 3 Carrots, sliced
- 3-4 stalks of Celery, chopped
- 4 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 2 lbs Beef Stew Meat, cubed into 1” pieces
- ½ C. Flour seasoned generously with salt and pepper
- 2 Red Bell Peppers, chopped
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 5 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 6-8 Roasted Green Chiles, diced (or 2-3 cans of mild green chiles)
- 2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Mexican Oregano
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- 1 12oz can of Tecate Beer
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes with Green Chiles (not drained)
- 3 medium Potatoes, diced (Wait for step 7 to cut these)
- ½ tsp Salt
- Toss the beef in the flour/salt/pepper and let it sit covered in a bowl or a Ziploc bag for 30 mins at room temperature.
- In a saute pan, add the 1 Tbsp of oil on medium heat. Once it’s nice and hot, add the diced onion, carrots, and celery. Lower the heat to Med/Low and cook while stirring minimally. You want to caramelize these veggies. Once they start to get a gorgeous brown color, add the garlic and cook for about 3 mins more. Set aside.
- In a dutch oven, heat the remaining 2 Tbsps of oil over med/high heat.
- Add the beef and brown. Don’t worry about the flour sticking to the bottom of the dish.
- Once the beef is browned all the way around, add the chopped onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook for about 5-7 mins.
- Add the cumin, Mexican oregano, bay leaf, broth, Rotel, green chiles and the Tecate. Bring it to a boil then lower to a simmer just below med/low for 90 mins.
- Dice the potatoes about 70 mins in. Put them in a microwave-safe bowl and add just enough water to cover it. Add ½ tsp of salt. Microwave for 6 mins.
- Leave the potatoes in the water until your 90 mins is almost up. Drain and add to the pot.
- Throw in the sautéed veggies as well and cook for 30-45 mins or until the potatoes are tender.
- Serve in a fresh bread bowl or with tortillas!