Do you ever get tired of feeling guilty when you’re scarfing down french fries from any fast food place? No? Me neither! 🙂
However, every once in a while it’s nice to do something a little different. I love to bake my cut up potatoes no matter how I make them because I can get them crispy and delicious with so much less oil! You can substitute the fries for wedges or thick chips depending on what you like.
Once they’re out of the oven, I like to serve these immediately with a curry ranch to cool them off just a bit. This can be made with regular ranch mixed with curry powder to taste. I like mine really strong so I add about 1/4 tsp per every 2 Tbsp of ranch.
Prep Time: 5 mins // Cook Time: 55 mins // Serves 2-3
- 3 medium Potatoes, sliced into fries about ¼ inch thick
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp of each: Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Chili Powder, Turmeric
- ½ tsp of each: Salt, Paprika, Curry, Parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut potatoes and soak in water to rinse the starch, then drain.
- Put the potatoes in a microwave safe bowl and cook in microwave for about 2.5 minutes.
- Remove potatoes and add the oil and all seasonings. Toss well to distribute all the seasonings.
- Place potatoes on a sheet pan that’s been sprayed with a non-stick spray. Make sure to put them on one layer to ensure they crisp up.
- Place pan in oven and cook for 50 minutes. Turn the fries about 35 minutes in.
- Remove fries once time is up and serve immediately.