If there is one meal I love the most, its lunch. Dinner is always going to be fun and sometimes extravagant when I’m playing in the kitchen, but when lunch falls under that description, I get excited! I’m a big sandwich lover, I could eat one every day but that can get boring real fast if you don’t mix things up!
One thing I’m not crazy about is Mayo. I don’t like its bitterness and I actually don’t even keep any in my fridge. I try to use substitutes when applicable or I just skip over some recipes when it calls for it as a main ingredient. That means, I don’t get any of the yummy salads in my life like potato salad, chicken salad, egg salad, etc. Insert Greek yogurt into my life. Now, I’ll be honest, I actually hate eating Greek yogurt. I think it’s WAY too tart for me. But it’s a great staple in your kitchen as a replacement to Mayo! It is a protein packed, creamy alternative in so many ways!
This salad has a Mexican twist to it, giving it just a little kick of heat along with the creamy and the crunch. It’s great on a sandwich, in a lettuce wrap, or even just by itself. You can top it with cheese or salsas for garnish. It’s a fresh and bright twist to a normally Mayo heavy chicken salad. The chicken and avocado also provide a punch of protein as well as some healthy fats in your diet. It’s a well rounded dish to please your taste buds on a sunny summer afternoon.
Prep Time: 4 hours and 10 mins // Cook Time: 20 mins // Makes 4 servings
*Please note, the long prep time is mainly the chicken salad chilling in the fridge.
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1/3 Red Onion (diced)
- 1 Jalapeño (diced)
- 1/8 C. Cilantro (chopped fine)
- 1 Avocado (diced)
- ¼ C. Plain Greek Yogurt (I buy the individual serving cups)
- 2 Tbsp. Ranch
- 1 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- 1 ½ tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- ½ tsp. Chili Powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- Bring a pot of water to boil with about ½ tsp. of salt. Cook the chicken until done (about 20 mins if fresh. 40 if frozen).
- While the chicken is cooking, cut up all the veggies and cilantro. Put it all in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the yogurt, ranch, lime juice, spices, and avocado.
- Once the chicken is done, dice into small squares or shred (your preference).
- Mix everything together. Let it chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours so the flavors can blend.
- Serve on bibb lettuce, bread, or even in a sandwich wrap.